PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 01-12-2016 20:10
    I work in the IT Department for a school and I've run into a bit of a problem. Hoping someone else on here has experienced it or knows of a possible fix. For our interaction client, we start by installing ICUserApps_SU10 followed by ICUserApps_SU14. After that, we continue with the installation of the 64 bit Fax Driver - InteractionFax64bit_SU11, followed by InteractionFax64bit_SU14. Now for as long as I've worked here, that's been the normal way to install and we've never run into any problems. The interaction client installs properly, and the Interaction Fax appears under devices and printers. We run Windows 7 64 Bit, and for the last couple of weeks when I go and run all four installers they complete without error. I am running them as an administrator on the local machine. However, the "Interaction Fax" does not appear as a printer and restarting after the installation does not work. I've attempted a full un-install of the interaction client and fax, however to no success. I've also attempted re-running just the fax installers and have had no success. This happens on every brand new and up-to-date, un-imaged copy of Windows 7 I have tried it on. Does anybody have any ideas? Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

• 2.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 03-01-2016 00:01
    Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem. The 64 bit Fax printer will not appear under any circumstances.

• 3.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 03-01-2016 18:22
    We're having the same issue. We determined a Windows update breaks the install in some manner. One of our older Windows 7 x64 images is able to accept the install with no issue but if we run all the windows updates and then attempt to install the CIC software it installs with no issue but the fax printer won't appear. Here's my post... http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?10645-CIC-3-0-Fax-issue

• 4.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 03-01-2016 20:51
    CIC 3.0 SU20 Windows 7 x64 workstation fails to install Interaction Fax printer. Would love to know which Windows Update(s) are conflicting. Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 03-03-2016 17:13
    The problem is that it could be any number of 120 updates. A lot of trial and error i guess.

• 6.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 03-03-2016 21:16
    There was a support blast from ININ support recently regarding changes in Windows certificates after January 30, 2016 cause issues for Windows 7 on updating to the latest CIC release. I assume this holds true to older versions of the IC software sweet as well. Go check out Microsoft articles KB3033929 and KB2921916 as this could be your issue. If you want to see the ININ KB article go check out q145410357000370.

• 7.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 03-07-2016 21:21
    Originally posted by botto;33192
    We're having the same issue. We determined a Windows update breaks the install in some manner. One of our older Windows 7 x64 images is able to accept the install with no issue but if we run all the windows updates and then attempt to install the CIC software it installs with no issue but the fax printer won't appear. Here's my post... http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?10645-CIC-3-0-Fax-issue
    I am also having this issue. Do you receive the error, "Can not locate print drivers in the folder listed" when trying to connect to Interaction Fax printer?

• 8.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 03-07-2016 21:47
    As mentioned above, I too am experiencing this with a customer. When you try and install this are you using the setup.exe from the client apps server share OR are you installing InteractionFax64bit_SU11.msi first then installing InteractionFax64bit_SU12.msp?

• 9.  RE: Interaction Fax not appearing after install

Posted 04-26-2016 04:07
    Hello, anyone got a solution to fix the fax driver not appear problem in Win 7 64 bit? Besides, I found it should appear a Black Ice Fax port too. After installed the basic app with the patches, the port does not appear too. Thanks,

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources