PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

• 1.  How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 11-24-2016 12:31
    Hello, I have this below requirement: If an Agent has spent more that 15 mins in the statue 'On Break', I need to change his/her status to 'Unscheduled Break'. for this I need to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status. Any idea how to get this in the Handler toolsteps - Which toolstep will give me this value? Thank in Advance. -Shilpa

• 2.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 11-28-2016 16:53
    I don't know if you will be able to do this with built in functionality within the system. Even in handlers it might not be possible. I think the easiest way to do this would be to add a client plugin in which will change the status if the agent sits in break too long. You will need to use IceLIB for this.

• 3.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2016 17:33
    I don't think it will be all that hard, after all. I set up an Alert in ICBusiness Manager on a workgroup queue to fire when a user in the workgroup has been in the Away from Desk status more than 45 seconds. I set the action on the alert to run a handler named AlertTest, on entering the range. I created a handler named AlertTest.ihd using the StatAlertServer initiator. When the alert fired, the handler ran, and I can see the user's name in the sStatId variable. You should be able to parse that variable using one of the RegEx tools, then use the Set User Status tool (under the Telephony tab) to change that user's status. Hope that helps. (I am on 2017 R1, but that initiator and Alert functionality has been around for a long time)

• 4.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2016 18:14
    Meant to attach a screen shot

• 5.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 11-29-2016 14:25
    Oh good call, completely forget about running handlers from alerts in supervisor!

• 6.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 11-30-2016 07:50
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34362
    I don't think it will be all that hard, after all. I set up an Alert in ICBusiness Manager on a workgroup queue to fire when a user in the workgroup has been in the Away from Desk status more than 45 seconds. I set the action on the alert to run a handler named AlertTest, on entering the range. I created a handler named AlertTest.ihd using the StatAlertServer initiator. When the alert fired, the handler ran, and I can see the user's name in the sStatId variable. You should be able to parse that variable using one of the RegEx tools, then use the Set User Status tool (under the Telephony tab) to change that user's status. Hope that helps. (I am on 2017 R1, but that initiator and Alert functionality has been around for a long time)
    I created an alert in ICBM as you said, but not able to get my handler triggered (handler with StatAlertServer initiator). Just to be sure, the alert is actually firing, I have set to send an email to myself when the condition is met. I do get an email - So it is confirmed the alert is firing. I am not sure what should be the value for 'User Data passed to handler'. Should this be some variable within the handler? Thanks -Shilpa

• 7.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 11-30-2016 12:25
    Sorry, My bad! I had given the '.ihd' for the handler name. It is working fine now. Thank you!

• 8.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-30-2016 13:46
    Good to hear! If you need to use it in another situation (not needed for this one), the User Data Passed to Handler just passes whatever you type as a string into the sAlertData variable, which is a List of Strings. The whole string you type in the alert configuration will be one of the items in the list. For example, if you were to type testdata|testdata1|testdata2, then in the aAlertData list you would see an item ININ.CustomHandler.UserData|testdata|testdata1|testdata2

• 9.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 12-08-2016 07:26
    Is there a way to do something similar for users under a specific Role. So instead of triggering this alert on a workgroup, I would like to trigger this for only those users who belong to a specific Role - and not for all agents in a Workgroup. Thanks, Shilpa

• 10.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 12-08-2016 13:19
    so setting this on a role No. Why not use a reporting workgroup? - I recommend this You could set this on every workgroup then have the custom handler check the user role and if it is not what you want ignore it. - I don't recommend this

• 11.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-08-2016 13:59
    BTW, by "reporting workgroup" I think Ryan means that you can create a workgroup without a queue that just has the agents you want to monitor as members. That way you can control the list of users in one place, and not have the overhead of one more queue.

• 12.  RE: How to get the Time spent by an Agent in the current status?

Posted 12-08-2016 19:17
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34439
    BTW, by "reporting workgroup" I think Ryan means that you can create a workgroup without a queue that just has the agents you want to monitor as members. That way you can control the list of users in one place, and not have the overhead of one more queue.
    George you are correct. But for if you want to look at availability you need to set the queue to ACD and just not send calls. So use it for reporting but if you don't assign a queue some feature for alerting do not work. I know I have a queue that is shared across regions (NA/EMEA/APAC) but i only care that my US based agents are available. So i created a WG_reporting and assigned just my agents and have an alert if no one is available to take a call.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources