PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Receiving multiple chats

Posted 11-11-2015 22:43
    Question: I have 15 agents. I have set them each up to handle 3 chats or 1 phone call using utilization. The problem I am having is that it assigns a chat to the first available agent, then assigns the second chat to the next available agent and so on. The first agent to get a chat will not get a second chat until there are no more available agents. Is there a way to have an agent that gets on a chat receive the next chat and the next chat, to their limit of 3 before assigning a chat to the next agent. Thus leaving the other agents available for calls. IC 4.0 SU6

• 2.  RE: Receiving multiple chats

GENESYS
    Posted 11-11-2015 23:50
    Nothing comes to mind right off which would be quick and easy. Have you tried assigning a much higher Priority to the calls (Attendant uses 50 by default...you could bump that to 200, say, and leave chats at 50). That should route the calls first. Of course, then you have Chats waiting in queue after all the calls have been answered if you have a lot of calls coming in. To my understanding most call centers that allow Chats and Calls to the same queue tend to allow one of each in Utilization, so an agent can be on a chat and a call at the same time, or two/three chats and no calls (chats at 33%/max of 3, calls at 67%/max of 1)

• 3.  RE: Receiving multiple chats

Posted 11-12-2015 01:49
    If you assign a chat skills, you could have some agents get the chats over other agents. No way to stack them.

• 4.  RE: Receiving multiple chats

Posted 11-30-2015 18:25
    Thanks, Clark Harmon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources