PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

• 1.  Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

Posted 06-19-2017 10:58
    Hello, Can someone help me with the ideas to expose the I3 Mobile Web application to the internet. My vendor confirmed that SAML isn't supported by IC MWC for SSO authentication and exposing the web server to the internet without appropriate security measure would be a huge security risk for the business. Need urgent help, thanks !!

• 2.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

Posted 06-19-2017 13:54
    The web client and mobile web client are designed to be used on smart phones so you would assume you can expose it to the internet. I would agree though that you want to make sure you secure the web client down properly to prevent unauthorized access. Interesting enough there doesn't seem to be a security section in the Interaction Client Web Edition and Mobile Web Edition Installation and Configuration Guide so it doesn't look like Genesys gives any information on securing down the clients.

• 3.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

GENESYS
    Posted 06-19-2017 14:56
    Both of those clients are End of Life with 2017 R4. The new solution is Interaction Connect (which has no specific mobile client version yet). I know that doesn't help much for folks not on the very latest version of Interaction Center, but it illustrates how the MWC and the older web client are not considered viable solutions any more.

• 4.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 06-19-2017 15:02
    Originally posted by saurabh.g.verma;35367
    Hello, Can someone help me with the ideas to expose the I3 Mobile Web application to the internet. My vendor confirmed that SAML isn't supported by IC MWC for SSO authentication and exposing the web server to the internet without appropriate security measure would be a huge security risk for the business. Need urgent help, thanks !!
    Hello, The MWC only needs ports 80/443 open outside of your firewall in order to function. If you are concerned about exposing the web server outside the firewall, I would suggest that you deploy an open source proxy outside the firewall (NGINX, Apache), and forward any traffic to the webserver that is not publicly exposed, and may have a port open to session manager. This should be a very cost effective solution.

• 5.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

Posted 06-19-2017 15:14
    Guys, Thanks a lot for the inputs but it scares me due to the fact that MWC is no longer available with/after 2017 R4 release. My organisation is looking for mobile tool/s which can be accessed from the internet to make/receive calls but unfortunately ININ is limiting such offerings :(

• 6.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

GENESYS
    Posted 06-19-2017 15:21
    Not limited at all. Interaction Connect runs fine in a browser on a phone. It is based on a REST-based API, so you can create whatever front-end client you want for your mobile users, with whatever authentication you want to put in front of the login, if you don't want to use the standard Interaction Connect web interface. Since it is not an installed application on the web server, like the Web Client and MWC, you are not opening up any more security than you do for any other secure web page.

• 7.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

Posted 06-19-2017 19:00
    Hi George, I believe Interaction Connect works with SAML using SSO authentication ? Also, could you please share the snippet of Interaction Connect interface on mobile device as I need to make sure this solution will meet the business requirements before I go ahead and make some commitment to the business.

• 8.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

Posted 06-20-2017 13:36
    Doesn't connect also support WebRTC which is a pretty slick function allowing you to make calls through your data connection just with a USB headset.

• 9.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

GENESYS
    Posted 06-20-2017 13:54
    You can use WebRTC with Interaction Connect, but you have to subscribe to PureCloud and set up the CIC to PureCloud integration to do so. Full WebRTC built into Interaction Connect is coming...no guarantee on when, yet. Also, this thread is more about mobile options, and I don't know what would work or not for various phones with WebRTC. I don't have a way to try it out.

• 10.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

GENESYS
    Posted 06-20-2017 13:55
    Originally posted by saurabh.g.verma;35378
    Hi George, I believe Interaction Connect works with SAML using SSO authentication ? Also, could you please share the snippet of Interaction Connect interface on mobile device as I need to make sure this solution will meet the business requirements before I go ahead and make some commitment to the business.
    Here is a screenshot with a call on my Samsung S5 phone. [ATTACH]818[/ATTACH]

• 11.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

Posted 06-29-2017 13:42
    Thanks George...a quick question, what all server/s (CIC, Web Server etc.) will be exposed to the internet if we go ahead and implement Interaction Connect with SAML based authentication for end users. Also, if you can share that help document for such integration then that would be helpful. Thanks, Saurabh

• 12.  RE: Exposing Mobile Web Client to the Internet

GENESYS
    Posted 06-29-2017 14:17
    Basically, the same a FAB mentioned for the Mobile Web Client - web server or whatever proxy you have in front of it is all that is exposed to the Internet. The Technical Reference is on help.inin.com, at https://help.inin.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/cic_web_applications_icg.pdf

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources