PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Virtual Clustering for CIC & CCS

Posted 03-13-2018 21:31
    Hello Community, Has anyone implemented before CIC or CCS virtual hosts based on a virtual cluster instead of using switchover high availability? so in case of hardware failure on the main physical server which host CIC or CCS virtual machines, the clustering will migrate the virtual machine to the redundant physical server with minimal outage. I understand PureConnect software already consider a high availability with the switchover tech and there is no need for the virtual cluster, but some customers have a certain policy to use it with any virtual machine. Referring to technical reference Virtualizationhttps://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/virtualization_tr.pdf, if we have a fixed CPUID and static MAC address, then no issue as they are assuming the implementation of both virtual clustering and switchover not only virtual clustering. Appreciate your advice and comments guys and thanks in advance. Regards, Youssef

• 2.  RE: Virtual Clustering for CIC & CCS

Posted 03-20-2018 14:30
    Everything I have read from Genesys states clustered CIC or CCS do not work. The CIC software is really susceptible to temporary interruptions which I believe the clustered VMs can introduce. CIC works best when it's on a physical server, if you have to run it as a virtual machine then Genesys states you need to dedicate RAM and CPU, and NIC to the VM which further complicates things if you try to cluster it.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources