PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Custom Notification Initiator

Posted 02-08-2018 01:55
    Hi, Do anyone know what notification event and Object ID should be given in Custom Notification Initiator for getting notifications whenever ACDserver restarts? If not this please let me know what initiator can be used in the handlers. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Custom Notification Initiator

Posted 02-08-2018 14:42
    Are you asking for notification event when the ACD subsystem restarts? Subsystems should not restart so you probably open a ticket with your VAR to figure out what is happening. Are you maybe trying to catch an event of an interaction stopping ACD processing and starting again?

• 3.  RE: Custom Notification Initiator

Posted 02-08-2018 18:18
    We assign categories to the agents. If the CIC system restarts or if the ACD system crashes and restarts, then the categories will be removed automatically. So, we would like to assign categories to agents when ever the CIC system restarts or ACD sever restarts.

• 4.  RE: Custom Notification Initiator

Posted 02-08-2018 18:50
    I think i got what i am looking for. Receive Log Events initiator can be used to know if any subsystem restarted.

• 5.  RE: Custom Notification Initiator

GENESYS
    Posted 02-08-2018 19:11
    A couple of notes: 1. The System Initialization initiator is called every time IP restarts (system boot or restart the subsystem), so you could create a handler using that initiator for when the system restarts (it won't run if just ACDServer subsystem restarts). 2. There is an optional Server Parameter which will automatically assign a category to every user at ACDServer startup. From the help: AutoAddUsernameCategory This server parameter adds a category to each user upon startup. The possible values are: ■ 0: Feature is turned off. ■ 1: Feature is turned on adding a suffix of "-auto" to the CIC user name. ■ <any other value>: Feature is turned on adding a suffix of <value> to the CIC user name. For example, if set to "1", user JeffS would result in a category of JeffS-auto. If set to "-Director", user JeffS would result in a category of JeffS-Director. Blank or <null> values are not supported. This parameter must be present at ACD startup to take effect. The changes are not dynamically updated in ACD Server, so adding this parameter or changing the value of the parameter, requires a restart of the ACD Server.

• 6.  RE: Custom Notification Initiator

Posted 02-09-2018 01:57
    I think i can try System Initialization initiator. I don't think AutoAddUsernameCategory server parameter is an option for me. I don't think it will work for Custom attributes for users.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources