PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Analog phone lines stopped working

• 1.  Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-21-2016 23:33
    We are running CIC 2.4. and Audio Codes MP-124 FXS. We have one fax machine and one conference phone utilizing the analog service. All has been working well. Today when checking these two devices, I am finding that there is no dial tone. I was able to login to the Audio Codes switch okay and everything appeared to be normal. We rebooted the main phone servers 2 weeks ago and the devices were working fine up until about 3 days ago apparently. Any ideas what may be happening? Should I just reset the board and see if that will fix it? Or is there something I should look at on our CIC servers to see if a particular service is running?

• 2.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-22-2016 18:05
    An Audiocodes MP-124 should be a physical rack mounted FXS device. When was the last time this device was rebooted? I would burn configuration to flash to make sure settings are saved and then reboot the gateway. While you are in there check the firmware revision as I know there were tons of bugs in the older version, in one of the older firmware versions we were rebooting the gateway every other week because it would stop working. According to testlab the latest supported version from ININ is 6.00A.038.004 http://testlab.inin.com/ProductsPage.aspx?ProductType=2 If you are not on this version you may want to consider upgrading

• 3.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-22-2016 18:59
    I did a reset of the board through the web interface but this did not fix the issue. After the reset it still shows the device uptime at well over a year. Should I just unplug the power to the unit completely and power it back up that way?

• 4.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-23-2016 00:11
    Do the stations associated with that FXS show as Registered in Interaction Administrator? They should show a Connection Address. If not, you can look at the SIPEngine log on IC to see if the FXS is attempting to register (look for REGISTER messages in the log). Also use ACSyslog and set up the FXS to send debug info to ACSyslog, to see if it is throwing any errors trying to register. Instructions on all of that can be found on the InIn Support portal in the Self Help section, if you have access...

• 5.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-25-2016 15:20
    Thanks for the response. When I looked in the Interaction Administrator I saw that those were no long registered. I logged into the AudioCodes box and re-registered and the connection addresses showed up in IA, however still no dial tone. When you pick up the phone it sounds like something is happening as you can hear a faint hum or hiss but no dial tone. When I look at the logs for the SIP engine, I do not see anything unusual. After re-registering, I saw the below line in log which looks like all should have been successful. SIPSession::changeState(): callID=938737033112199916027@192.168.100.9, changing state from eSIPRegisteringState to eSIPFinishedState

• 6.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2016 18:47
    You may need to turn up the tracing level for a short bit on the SIPEngine log - I would expect to see a "200 OK" message after the registration: SIPStreamIO::write_stream : S#2991: (P#3299)*200->REG(P#3292) - tcp xmit 172.17.10.70:8060 -> 172.17.19.171:5060 [331/331] idle:22ms msg= SIP/2.0 200 OK To: <sip:GeorgeG330@IC1-GEO:8060> From: "GeorgeG330" <sip:GeorgeG330@IC1-GEO:8060>;tag=D84B2800-BAB10907 Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 172.17.19.171:5060;branch=z9hG4bKda05c136D271F0D5 CSeq: 214 REGISTER Call-ID: b965884-7e8b3e1b-66575c6e@172.17.19.171 Expires: 0 User-Agent: ININ-TsServer/16.2.2.16 Content-Length: 0 Also, what happens when you call the station extension after it shows as Registered in IA? BTW, the "dial tone" comes from the FXS, not from IC, because no message is sent to IC when the phone goes off-hook. The sounds you hear is "side tone", which means that the FXS is providing power to the phone and connecting an audio path...that much is good.

• 7.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-25-2016 19:00
    When calling to the device, I see the call come into the system and it says it is ringing the station, but the station does not ring so connectivity is not there... I was able to set the SIP Engine log to 100. I will post results when I get get them

• 8.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2016 19:04
    It's under TsServer I didn't have to increase my tracing. In my log, the Sequence was 213 REGISTER for the REGISTER message and 214 REGISTER for the 200 OK message, so search the log for REGISTER (case sensitive), probably filter on that string, then search for one of the station IDs or the IP address of the FXS to narrow the results, see what the response is for the REGISTER.

• 9.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-25-2016 19:25
    This is what I am seeing: SIPEngine::dispatch(): Before .?AVSIPRegisterIndication@@ version=2 lrn=106076352 crn=0 user=0x06754fe8 custom=[] from=[]/[sip:6026@N-Interaction-GW:5060] to=[]/[sip:6026@N-Interaction-GW:5060] authorized=false contact=sip:6026@192.168.100.9:5060 expires=180 agent=Audiocodes-Sip-Gateway-MP-124 FXS/v.5.20A.029.002 SIPUDPTransport::transmit(): retry=0, handle=793211, address=192.168.100.9:5060 SIP/2.0 200 OK To: <sip:6026@N-Interaction-GW>;tag=766221 From: <sip:6026@N-Interaction-GW>;tag=1c533732927 Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.100.9;branch=z9hG4bKac533736558 CSeq: 416550 REGISTER Call-ID: 938652643112199916027@192.168.100.9 Contact: <sip:6026@192.168.100.9>;expires=180 Expires: 180 User-Agent: ININ/2.400.10.13203 Content-Length: 0 SIPSession::changeState(): callID=938652643112199916027@192.168.100.9, changing state from eSIPRegisteringState to eSIPFinishedState Maybe I just need to restart the CIC servers again?

• 10.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2016 20:23
    That looks more like an addressing error. Check the Proxy Sets settings on the FXS gateway and make sure they are pointed to Proxy addresses you can ping.

• 11.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-25-2016 20:53
    I checked the settings and all IP addresses and Names that is pointing to be look accurate to me. Attached is how the proxy settings are set in the AudioCodes device. Could you review and see if you can see anything that may be configured wrong. Nothing should have changed here but you never know. I appreciate all the assistance.

• 12.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2016 21:31
    It looks like you edited the thread...didn't it have a "404 Not Found" message the first time you posted? That's why I asked about ping... Anyway, looking at the settings: The main thing I see right off is that you have "S-CIC-1" in the Proxy Name field. The best practice is to leave that field blank, as it can lead to the sort of problem you are seeing, since it relies on DNS returning a value quickly. So, the first thing I would do is delete S-CIC-1 from that field. (Especially if it is the name of one of the servers in your switchover pair, instead of the Host A Record name in DNS) I usually set Enable Proxy Hot-Swap to Enable when Redundancy Mode is set to Parking, and I usually set Enable Proxy Keep Alive to Enable, with a Proxy Keep Alive Time of 120 (that shouldn't cause too much chatter on your network). The other problem you may be encountering is the Gateway Name field at the bottom. Once again, we don't recommend entering anything in the "Name" fields, and I recognize that name (I think) from the "404 Not Found" that you had(?) previously...though now I'm not sure what I saw. Delete that name, and the Proxy Name, save and burn, reset the gateway, and see what happens...

• 13.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-25-2016 21:33
    I will give that a shot and let you know results. Thanks!!

• 14.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-26-2016 15:46
    I made the suggested changes and reset the board. I re-registered for the devices and they show as connected in Interaction Administrator. Still no dial tone. Attached is the SIP Engine log showing result for extension 6026 which is for a fax machine plugged into the system. Not sure if this will provide any additional detail. I appreciate all the help!

• 15.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2016 22:56
    In the FXS configuration, under SIP Advanced Parameters>Advanced Parameters, is "Progress Indicator to IP" still set to "PI = 1"? Under Protocol Definition>SIP General Parameters, do you have the correct protocol still selected, and correct ports, for contacting IC on one of you Registration lines? (though, that shouldn't affect dial tone) Under Protocol Definition>DTMF and Dialing, do you have an amount of time specified for Dial Tone Duration? If you have the backed-up config file for your FXS saved aside, you might just import it...it's possible the FXS lost some configuration settings. I've had that happen for no apparent reason with my MP-124s and had to import the saved config to get them to work again. Based on the SIP messages you sent, the IC side looks fine (as far as I can tell).

• 16.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-26-2016 23:14
    All those settings are accurate. I have downloaded the current Board.ini information and saved it. I have a previous configuration file that I will try to upload and see if this resolves. It may just be that our system has finally given up on the analog! :D We have other ways around it if necessary. Thanks for all the help. I will let you know how this turns out.

• 17.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-27-2016 01:51
    I don't know why 2.4 would give up on an MP-124 FXS (unless it is an older Rev. that's no longer supported, or not on the correct firmware). It really sounds like an FXS config problem, since it appears to be registering. Have you tested other ports with phones, or plugged a phone in where the fax is currently connected, to see if there is a difference?

• 18.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

GENESYS
    Posted 07-27-2016 01:55
    The other thing would be to take a look at the Message Log on the FXS when you go offhook and expect to hear dial tone. You can bring up the Message Log, go off hook, click in the message Log window and use CTRL-A to select all of it, CTRL-C to copy, CTRL-V to paste into Notepad to read it and search through it.

• 19.  RE: Analog phone lines stopped working

Posted 07-27-2016 14:26
    I would disconnect port 1 from whatever its currently connected to and hook an analog phone directly to the gateway next to it. From here I would go off hook on the analog port to see if the port status light changes on the gateway. Assuming that this checks out then I would point a web browser to the gateway's web interface and select the message log. From here watch the messages as you go off hook and on hook to see what the gateway is showing. It's bee some time since I had to troubleshoot an Audiocodes FXS-124 but I think it won't provide dial tone if it thinks the station is not registered. Now we know the CIC server shows the station is registered but maybe the gateway doesn't know that. Check the station page to see if it shows they are registered from the Audiocodes side. I know earlier you tried to reset the board but I think you said the uptime didn't reset which makes me think that the thing was not actually rebooted. I would try rebooting the gateway again and verify the uptime resets so we know for sure it actually rebooted. If for some reason it doesn't reboot then maybe last option is to remove power and plug it in. Word of warning about doing this is that if the thing is really messed up maybe it didn't burn configuration to flash and you might lose some/all configuration so this option should not be taken lightly.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources