PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  is there a way to route calls based to phone # prefix?

Posted 04-04-2017 14:19
    I am wondering if there is a way to route incoming calls based on region, using the phone # prefix as the determining factor? Example: ANI: 717-123-4567. Is there a way to take the 123 from the ANI and use it in a logical transfer?

• 2.  RE: is there a way to route calls based to phone # prefix?

Posted 04-05-2017 13:41
    I don't believe logical transfers allow you to do string mid. I'm pretty sure you will have to build a handler to do this. I'm curious what are you using the central office code for routing? I have seen people do things based on area code but I don't think I have ever seen anyone do routing on the CO code.

• 3.  RE: is there a way to route calls based to phone # prefix?

Posted 04-05-2017 14:05
    I work at company that is getting pretty large within the state, we will need to include the area code too, but they are looking to develop relationships within local areas so they want to put in regional call centers. So they want to route inbound traffic to main Q numbers from area code + CO to those regional call centers.
    Originally posted by MarkT;35116
    I don't believe logical transfers allow you to do string mid. I'm pretty sure you will have to build a handler to do this. I'm curious what are you using the central office code for routing? I have seen people do things based on area code but I don't think I have ever seen anyone do routing on the CO code.

• 4.  RE: is there a way to route calls based to phone # prefix?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2017 21:12
    You could use the CustomIncomingCall handler to analyze the ANI and set the Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupName attribute with the name of the desired Workgroup Queue, then in the Group Transfer action in Attendant use that option to set the group name.

• 5.  RE: is there a way to route calls based to phone # prefix?

Posted 04-06-2017 11:45
    How does that help sort call by the area code and prefix?
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35122
    You could use the CustomIncomingCall handler to analyze the ANI and set the Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupName attribute with the name of the desired Workgroup Queue, then in the Group Transfer action in Attendant use that option to set the group name.

• 6.  RE: is there a way to route calls based to phone # prefix?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-06-2017 12:33
    Originally posted by Hudson;35111
    Example: ANI: 717-123-4567. Is there a way to take the 123 from the ANI and use it in a logical transfer?
    So, in the CustomIncomingCall handler you would have to write custom functionality which looks at the "123" portion (and the Area Code, based on your later question about using both). That could be done using a combination of Regionalization (using a new Location for filters in Dial Plan) and Dial Plan (using lists for the prefixes) and Classifications which match the names of the queues you want specific calls to go through, then running through a DescribePhoneNumber toolstep to see which Default Classification comes out of it for an inbound call and assign that classification to the Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupName attribute using a Set Attribute toolstep. That can get pretty cumbersome, since you would have to create a new Dial Plan entry for each area code. Another option would be to have an IP Table in Interaction Administrator which contains a column for the Area Code and another column with all the Prefixes for that Area Code, and you would use a StrMid() function in the Table Lookup toolstep to look for the area code and InStr() to look for the Prefix (so, pull back the QueueName from another column in the row where both AreaCode and Prefix match the ANI), and set the Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupName attribute to the retrieved QueueName. Or, you could have all the info in an external database and do something similar to the Table Lookup using the Database tools... Various options. If all of that sounds like gibberish...you might need to find someone who is good at handler development to help out :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources