PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Confirmation on version of IE Browser that Interaction Scripter .NET and API supports

Posted 09-13-2017 21:42
    Although general CIC documentation indicates for both 2015 R2 and 2017 it functions/has been tested with IE11, I am finding that Interaction Scripter .NET and the Interaction Scripter API does not completely successfully function in versions above IE8. My company is currently using 2015 R2, but we're working on upgrading, and have tested and found the same issues under the latest 2017 version. Does anyone know for certain what version of IE's browser Interaction Scripter supports, and whether perhaps the version of IE in the embedded IE browser control has been set to a specific version? I'd like to know I can use HTML 5, and higher versions of Angular in custom inbound/outbound scripts.

• 2.  RE: Confirmation on version of IE Browser that Interaction Scripter .NET and API supports

Posted 09-19-2017 13:41
    Have found out that at least some of the Interaction Scripter API commands have to be altered to work in versions of IE above I found 8 (most code examples in Interaction Scripter API documentation will no longer work). E.g. GET/SET of properties, the properties can't be accessed directly, but the syntax needs to be altered slightly. Also found that the .NET web browser control, that my general understanding is Interaction Scripter is using, defaults to compatibility mode set for Intranet sites regardless of how that is set on the local IE version, which causes IE's document mode to go down to 7.

• 3.  RE: Confirmation on version of IE Browser that Interaction Scripter .NET and API supports

Posted 01-18-2018 04:14
    Originally posted by ccerimel;35841
    Have found out that at least some of the Interaction Scripter API commands have to be altered to work in versions of IE above I found 8 (most code examples in Interaction Scripter API documentation will no longer work). E.g. GET/SET of properties, the properties can't be accessed directly, but the syntax needs to be altered slightly. Also found that the .NET web browser control, that my general understanding is Interaction Scripter is using, defaults to compatibility mode set for Intranet sites regardless of how that is set on the local IE version, which causes IE's document mode to go down to 7.
    Hello: I have a similar problem. I develop a custom script in HTML-Javascript but we need to know if we can modify Script or run Internet Explorer Enterprise Mode to support Javascript .NET Interaction Dialer API features. We develop a custom script in HTML and have their respective Javascript pages in other location. I want to know, if only changing get/set attributes expressions we solve our IE11 compatibility problems or need to run IE11 Enterprise Mode with Javascript pages as the list or, possibly update my Interaction Scripter Client Version to the latest version. Thanks for your information.

• 4.  RE: Confirmation on version of IE Browser that Interaction Scripter .NET and API supports

Posted 01-18-2018 20:18
    I believe this has to do with the WPF WebBrowser control defaulting to IE7 regardless of what version of IE is installed locally. Apparently there are two solutions to resolve this. One is to add a registry value in HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION\ Add a new DWORD(32-bit) named InteractionScripter.NET.exe with the desired value. See this link for information: MSDN You may be also able to add I have quickly verified that each of these work by creating a
    element with rounded corners. Before making any of these changes, the corners were not rounded. I then modified the registry, and reloaded the page within Interaction Scripter.NET and observed the corners were then round. Next I deleted my new registry value, and inserted the tag into the head of my HTML document, deleted cache, reloaded the page, and observed the corners were still rounded.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources