PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Instant Messaging between Interaction client.NET users

Posted 10-27-2009 20:17
    Hi, guys. Maybe a dumb question, but just wondering how can a IC.NET user communicate through instant messaging with another one. When i right click on an entry in the system directory, one of the options showed is "Send Instant Messaging" but it's disabled. I walked through the security, access control, etc.. administrative options for the users, but cannot find how this can be enable. Please, don't confuse this with Intercom chat, that seems to be a different thing and works fine.

• 2.  RE: Instant Messaging between Interaction client.NET users

Posted 10-28-2009 08:55
    Hello, have you checked in Security Tab, in User Rights 2, there's a checkbox Allow Intercom Chat

• 3.  RE: Instant Messaging between Interaction client.NET users

Posted 10-28-2009 09:01
    Sorry I read just a first sentence of your post. You claimed not to confuse with Intercom Chat :confused: What you are asking as I assume related to Integration with OCS! So it is enabled for instant messaging in scenario with OCS integration I hope this helped. Sorry for previous post, I just was helpful in advance Regards RASKO

• 4.  RE: Instant Messaging between Interaction client.NET users

Posted 10-28-2009 09:02
    Hi, Rasko. Yes, i've checked this option, but this enables a different context menu entry called "Initate a chat session" that doesn't seem to be the same as "Send Instant Message" option that continue to be disabled. BTW, i'm seeing that is CIC 3.0 SU 6 "Send Instant Message" shows in the context menu just under another disabled option "Initiate a video call", that as far as i know it's not yet been implemented in the product, though I3 include here for future use. I'm starting to think that maybe same applies to instant messaging option and will be enacted in a future release.

• 5.  RE: Instant Messaging between Interaction client.NET users

Posted 10-28-2009 09:06
    Opps, sorry. Rasko You was quicker than me with your second reply. Yes, OCS integration can be the explanation here. It would be great if somebody can confirm on this.

• 6.  RE: Instant Messaging between Interaction client.NET users

Posted 10-28-2009 09:56
    Hello I think that's it, because in SU6 New Features you got that it is SCR 59069 59069 Interaction Center Integration to Office Communications Server The new Interaction Center Integration to Office Communications Server (IC/OCS)provides users of both IC and OCS systems with a new range of capabilities: 1. Users who previously used only Office Communications Server now have access to all the powerful contact center and IP PBX capabilities of Interaction Center. 2. The integration provides Interaction Center users with the instant messaging, voice, and video capabilities of Office Communicator, and the functionality available in the Office Communications Server platform.

• 7.  RE: Instant Messaging between Interaction client.NET users

Posted 10-28-2009 11:29
    Yes, OCS should be the reason for these options to appear. Thanks for your involvement, Rasko.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources