PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server / Database Connection and TLS 1.2

Posted 10-17-2017 20:53
    We have encountered an issue in regards to requirement that one can only define a "Database Connection" in Interaction Dialer only using "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server". Our company is now moving towards TLS 1.2 and has deprecated TLS 1.0, which basically means we can no longer utilize "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server", so does anyone have or can suggest an alternative way to establish a Database Connection in Dialer in order to obtain a Contact List...?

• 2.  RE: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server / Database Connection and TLS 1.2

Posted 07-05-2021 18:53
    Hi Scott,

Did you find any resolution for this case? I'm facing the same TLS1.2 error with Interaction Dialer 2021R2 

Kind Regards,

------------------------------
    Youssef Atef
    Jathwa Technology Solutions

• 3.  RE: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server / Database Connection and TLS 1.2

Posted 07-06-2021 02:08
    I had a discussion about the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server a few weeks ago with the Genesys Support.
    They confirmed, that the new "Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL)" is also supported for the Interaction Dialer and that we can use the most current version.
    (But I didn't tested TLS 1.2 with it, we had another issue with the outdated OLE DB Provider). Our system is running on 2021 R1.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources