PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Export User Settings

Posted 03-29-2011 14:36
    Is there a way to export your personal information? If I replace a user's computer and he has added a lot of private contacts and speed dial buttons; rather than having to readd all of it I was looking for and archive or export type feature. Does one exist?

• 2.  RE: Export User Settings

Posted 03-29-2011 17:28
    Much of the client settings are stored on the local registry of the machine. You can copy these keys onto the new computer, and they should bring most, if not all the settings across: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Interactive Intelligence/Interaction Supervisor/IC2.3/<server name> and HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Interactive Intelligence/InteractionClient/1.0/<username>

• 3.  RE: Export User Settings

Posted 03-31-2011 05:02
    Use Migrator to export only the portion of DS you want and import anytime to any version. I believe the format is XML so you can use for other apps. RobertWC

• 4.  RE: Export User Settings

Posted 03-31-2011 18:34
    Migrator is a server setting migration application, it's not designed for end user workstations.

• 5.  RE: Export User Settings

Posted 03-31-2011 19:27
    If you tell users to put speed dials in personal contacts and use that, then they are stored in the SQL database and the .xml files for the .NET config are stored on the server and backed up with Migrator. All other information is in the User config for rights and password. As for history and some GUI setup, those are local, but not hard to design a default that can be pushed out on new logins. Another, easier option is to have users use the Web Client. RobertWC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources