PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Trigger function on Reply

Posted 05-29-2014 07:10
    Hi all, I'm new to web Services and am looking for a way to trigger a function every time the client receives a reply (Web Chat). Would I be creating a custom handler for this functionality? Is this possible? Sorry if this is a basic question. I've searched the forums with no luck. Regards, Esmond

• 2.  RE: Trigger function on Reply

Posted 05-30-2014 00:59
    I would need a log more info to help you. Have you looked at the Web Services Technical Reference doc? It pretty much has everything to create your own client and calls from the web services.

• 3.  RE: Trigger function on Reply

Posted 06-07-2014 15:08
    You can trigger a handler from a web page, for information on how to do this please review Chapter 6 of the Web Services Technical Reference which currently starts on page 41.

• 4.  RE: Trigger function on Reply

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 06-09-2014 13:40
    Originally posted by Esmond;30618
    Hi all, I'm new to web Services and am looking for a way to trigger a function every time the client receives a reply (Web Chat). Would I be creating a custom handler for this functionality? Is this possible? Sorry if this is a basic question. I've searched the forums with no luck. Regards, Esmond
    Esmond, Do you mean you want the function to run on the IC server, or on the web user's browser? If the former, yes, Handlers are the way to go. If the latter, look at the "Notifications" example. You'll want to create a custom handler for the ReceivedTextNotification. Thanks, Jon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources