PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call to Voicemail: Interaction IDs

Posted 12-07-2020 17:10
    Hello, anybody have experience getting the original call ID for a voicemail interaciton?

Call comes in with an initial call/interaction ID, call is sent to voicemail where it goes through the voicemail handler, in the voicemail handler it still has the original interaction ID attribute, once it leaves the voicemail handler (not sure where it goes next, anybody know?) it is delivered into queue via email and it now has a new interaction ID.

How can we match up the new call ID with the original ID?

Does the voicemail/email have an attribute that references the originating call?
    Similar to the callback attribute Eic_CallbackOriginalCallId.

Thanks in advance,
    Bryan
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Bryan Wilson
    Luxottica Retail North America, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Call to Voicemail: Interaction IDs

Posted 12-08-2020 13:55
    Bryan,

The Voicemail is sent as an email to a mailbox (I'm assuming from the context of the question, that mailbox is associated with a Workgroup?) after which it is disconnected.

The email is then picked up as a new incoming interaction and routed to the queue (again, from the context, I'm assuming the same ACD Workgroup?)

Unlike a callback, the two interactions aren't actually related to each other inside IC.

Now, you might be able to mess around to have the Interaction  ID added to the email and then read back in as a custom attribute if you need to reference it, but out of the box, I don't believe this happens.

What are you trying to achieve? There may be another method to get the required outcome.

• 3.  RE: Call to Voicemail: Interaction IDs

Posted 12-08-2020 14:41
    Paul, thanks for the reply!
    Sounds like I adequately explained it, to answer your questions/presumptions:

"The Voicemail is sent as an email to a mailbox (I'm assuming from the context of the question, that mailbox is associated with a Workgroup?) after which it is disconnected." Correct

"The email is then picked up as a new incoming interaction and routed to the queue (again, from the context, I'm assuming the same ACD Workgroup?)" Correct

Now, you might be able to mess around to have the Interaction  ID added to the email and then read back in as a custom attribute if you need to reference it, but out of the box, I don't believe this happens. With your reply and now knowing there seems to be no direct method, we are now thinking of inserting it into the email and then using the CustomIncomingInteraction handler to insert the suggested custom attribute.

What are you trying to achieve? There may be another method to get the required outcome. We have a client demand that they know the total duration of all interactions, even when a customer calls and leaves a voicemail. They want to know soup to nuts, a-z the total duration; from initial call, voicemail, to our agents returning the call. The agent returning the call we plan on having our reporting team tying that data together.

Bryan Wilson
    Luxottica Retail North America, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Call to Voicemail: Interaction IDs

Posted 12-08-2020 14:44
    Ah, OK!

Yes, it would seem that this would be your best approach.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources