PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 02-28-2020 11:48
    Edited by Tyler Style 02-28-2020 11:55
    I'm wanting to pull back the data for IP Tables via #ICWS ICWS.  To me it looks like this should be possible using the API, but I am not getting back anything from my call response JSON other than the configurationId JSON for the table - no customAttributes, notes or any of the other fields the API says should be returned.

We're on CAAS, which I shouldn't think would make a difference. 

Any ideas? ​
    #Integrations
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Tyler Style
    Interactive Intelligence Engineer, WellCare Health Plans
    ​​

• 2.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-01-2020 12:45
    As far as I know, it is not possible. The documentation is not very helpful, because it shows a standard description only, not specific for this request. The only way to access data from an IP Table is via a handler.

---------------------------------------------
    Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Software Developer
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-02-2020 09:29
    Thanks @Hans-Gerd Sandhagen, but even if I can't pull back the data there is something odd going on.  The API shows that, if nothing else, more data than just the "configurationId" element should be being sent back for that request (eg) "createdDate"

Tyler Style

• 4.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-02-2020 09:53
    I agree. This was exactly what I mean with "The documentation is not very helpful, because it shows a standard description only". Have a look at the example: "Example: select=extension,defaultWorkstation". You will find the same example for other requests too, and values like "extension" or defaultWorkstation" make no sense with IP Tables.

Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Software Developer
    Fiebig GmbH

• 5.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-02-2020 11:48
    Ah, I see.  Though I can understand how the "example" item you're referring to in the docs could still be correct - while it would be more helpful if the example was relevant to that API call, it doesn't *have* to be so long as it demonstrates the operation.  But there is no way to tell if that's the case here unfortunately.

Tyler Style

• 6.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-02-2020 17:13
    Tyler,

Can you perhaps give some information on what you are trying to achieve? We may be able to offer some alternative solutions. For example, you might be able to write a Handler that responds to a web request with the information you require....

• 7.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-04-2020 09:10
    Sure thing @Paul Simpson, thanks for asking!  ​​What I'm trying to do is unfortunately not very approachable given the existing tools, from what I can tell.  I'm looking to automate getting an export of the data in IP tables, such as a CSV for text/XL, and ideally to be able to use a hand edited file for automated import as well.  We do a lot of import/export for our CaaS instance, and that manual process is a pain point and bottleneck for our team.

Tyler Style

• 8.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-04-2020 14:23
    Tyler,

I suspect this is related to your previous question regarding writing to IP tables from Handlers?

If so, I think your are running up against the same problem. Unfortunately, the system just isn't designed around the idea that you might want to programmatically update IP tables. Obviously, someone may have a solution (possibly involving Migrator, or similar) but AFAIK, this cannot (easily) be done out of the box.

Sorry,

• 9.  RE: ICWS and fetching IP table data

Posted 03-04-2020 15:07
    Yup, it's the same issue -  I just took at step back in abstraction to see if I could at least automate part if not all of the process for our team.  (ie) if we can't automate the entire process, can we automate some parts of it such as exporting the IP tables?

Tyler Style

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources