Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Q&A Show - Above Average Joes: Static Links, 50/50 Queues, and More

GENESYS
    Posted 08-10-2023 10:36

Hey Everyone,

To have some fun this month, we are bringing you Above Average Joes August! Have you ever wanted to ask the Joes your question? Now is the time.

Our friends Dean and Maxim stopped by the Q&A Show studios (aka Zoom) to answer some of your questions, and it lead us to our fist two-part episode of the year! We'll be coming back in a few weeks to finish the discussion on 50/50 Queues. So drop your questions below or on the original thread. We'll be happy to give you our best advice.

Here is what you can expect from this episode:

• 0:00 - Intro
    • 1:55 - Demo 1 Static Links
    • 9:12 - Above Average Joes Intro
    • 10:05 - Question 1 Answer with Message Only
    • 12:05 - Question 2 Area Code Based Routing
    • 16:05 - Question 3 Calls Trending Poorly
    • 21:15 - Demo 2 50/50 Queues
    • 31:05 - Sign off

And here are the links that you may find useful:

We can't wait to hear your questions!

Cheers,

Matt & Team

#CommunityVideos(TAM,QA,etc.)

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: Q&A Show - Above Average Joes: Static Links, 50/50 Queues, and More

Posted 08-10-2023 19:59
    Edited by Muhammad Zubair Awan 08-10-2023 19:59

Hi @Maxim Tsvetov

I would like to clarify about solution (Option 4) to Question 2 where you suggested using Custom Data Action from AppFoundry to Search Contact list and that ID column in Contact List needs to be ZIP code.

Are you referring to "Get-Contact-From-Contact-List.json" data action which is using following API?
    GET /api/v2/outbound/contactlists/${input.contactlistId}/contacts/${input.contactId}

If so, are you saying that ${input.contactId} will be the ZIP code value here? Also what should the Header be in the Contact List for ZIP Code (Id/contactId etc.) for this to work. I only get the result if I input the contactId listed under system generated column "inin-outbound-id" (thats what I see when I export the Contact List manually)

If this is not the correct Data Action or API, please suggest the correct one you are referring to.

Thanks

Cheers
    Zubair

• 3.  RE: Q&A Show - Above Average Joes: Static Links, 50/50 Queues, and More

GENESYS
    Posted 08-10-2023 22:15
      |   view attached

1) Yes. That is correct data action.

2) First  you need to create contact list where Zip code column would be marked as "Unique Identifier Column".

And yes, it would be  ${input.contactId}

3) Our contact lists also require phone number or email column, so you can add dummy phone number column. (for example column DummyPhone that is equal to 1 for each row)

I attached similar data action. It is based on "Get-Contact-From-Contact-List.json" but gives you better idea of what you need to do to make it work in your case. You just need to update Output Contract to match your contact list columns. The rest you can keep as is.

Maxim Tsvetov
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

Attachment(s)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources